Monday, November 5, 2007

oh dear

I actually write alot, and alot, and alot, but i'm generally too timid write on anything except my green notebook that very rarely sees the outside world.

The American Church, i cant help but resent the fact that most "Christians" are falling in love with the way that the church makes them feel about themselves rather than who Jesus really is and will forever be. I find myself constantly dumbfounded by the intentional ignorance of some people (not stupidity, they are two completely different words, look it up). People who are intentionally ill informed so that they can live a comfortable lifestyle, a guilt free and cost free lifestyle. In a sense, it's the age old concept that ignorance is bliss, which I strongly advise against, not that i am any kind of authority to listen to. Dont get me wrong, I love these people, thus is why i am so concerned. If i wasnt concerned in the least bit, i wouldnt be writing what you are reading this very second. I see so much money squandered and wasted on things that dont matter in the long run, in the infinite run we refer to as heaven (i prefer to call it "home"). Can we all maybe live more simply? Can we all give up somthing that could help someone else? Can we all learn the real definition of love and what it is for the first time? And let me declare, I am in no way, shape, or form perfect. I am a mess day in and day out. But i am trying and learning about Jesus and trying to figure out who god really is because i am pretty convinced that he is not just a book keeper sitting on a golden throne putting a check mark by our names every time we mess up. I am convinced that he is like a dad, that he loves me and all of you, that he crys when we cry and laughs when we laugh. I am convinced that he feels our pain and heart break and shares our moments of the most intense happiness. I am convinced that he does not care how we dress or how much money we have in the bank. And lastly, he does not care how many times we mess up or stumble in our faith. God is Love, contemplate that word, because it has been so overused in this society. Overused to the point where love is when you see a girl that you think is gorgeous, you spend one "fantastic" night with her, chemicals start pumping through your brain, and you are in "love." That idea is so distant from the true reality of love, i simply will not attempt to explain. Sometime soon, meditate on the word, discover what love really is and at the same time discover who Jesus really is, and you will not be disappointed.

On a side note, next time you pray, pray to your dad, since that's who it is.

Sorry if this was a bit scatter-brained, I tried as best i could to piece together the thoughts that have been running around in my head for the past few weeks, frankly it was alot to process. Thanks for reading, god bless.

No comments: